Results: 82

Item ID Title Description Added Updated
6 The Bailies of Bennachie annual report 2017 Tuesday 12th of September 2017 05:18:08 PM Saturday 06th of July 2019 12:06:02 PM
209 Presentation to the Community Heritage Conference 2015 by Miller, Vergunst and Wainwright. Brief description of the Commonty and Colony of Bennachie. Some oral histories. History of the English Quarry, Bennachie. Friday 17th of November 2017 06:15:30 PM Sunday 17th of March 2024 05:48:39 PM
216 The Bailies of Bennachie annual report 2016 The Bailies of Bennachie annual report 2016 Monday 05th of February 2018 11:30:50 AM Monday 05th of February 2018 11:30:50 AM
228 Autofill test Testing autofill function Sunday 11th of February 2018 12:54:09 PM Sunday 11th of February 2018 08:50:28 PM
244 The Bailies Archive Records 1973-2013 Listing of all records held by the Bailies of Bennachie up to 2013. They include typescripts, newspaper cuttings, letters, photos, etc. These are stored in filing cabinets at the Garioch Heritage Centre, Inverurie. Thursday 23rd of August 2018 12:41:52 PM Friday 18th of February 2022 05:53:24 PM
246 A 12th-century "Bowl-Fired" Grain Drying Kiln at Druminnor, Aberdeenshire. Implications for Social Change, Agricultural Productivity and Landscape Development in North-east Scotland. The discovery of a Medieval ‘bowl-fired’ grain-drying kiln during excavations at Druminnor Castle has implications for how we view the management of agricultural practices in the North-east of Scotland during the 12th-century. Thursday 01st of November 2018 06:32:23 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 12:31:47 PM
247 The Bennachie Colony. Summary of the archeology of the Bennachie Colony. This work carried out by the Bailies of Bennachie and Aberdeen University. Friday 02nd of November 2018 04:22:34 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 12:28:12 PM
248 Excavating the Bede House Presentation to a non-technical audience about the excavation of the Bede House near Chapel of Garioch by the Bennachie Landscape Group. Contains maps and photos. Thursday 22nd of November 2018 12:55:41 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 12:24:42 PM
249 BAILIES OF BENNACHIE BOARD MEETING 15TH October 2018 Minutes of the Bailies Board Meeting held on 15th October 2018. Thursday 22nd of November 2018 05:22:40 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 12:33:42 PM
250 BAILIES OF BENNACHIE BOARD MEETING 11th June 2018 BAILIES OF BENNACHIE BOARD MEETING 11th June 2018 Thursday 22nd of November 2018 05:59:59 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 12:34:34 PM
252 Short Note on the natural Sediments around Druminnor Castle. Short note on the sediments exposed beside the road to Druminnor Castle from Clatt, It is concluded that the silty sand is probably a periglacial deposit. Thursday 29th of November 2018 08:25:23 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 12:35:26 PM
307 Draft List of Slides for Bennachie Video and Short Talk Handwritten manuscript with draft of slides to be used in Bennachie Video. On the reverse is a draft of slides "For Short Talk" on 31/10/86. Ref No. 6-1-2. Wednesday 02nd of September 2020 03:14:18 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:23:13 PM
308 Correspondence from the British Video History Trust Correspondence from trustee Elizabeth Oliver at the British Video History Trust to J.R MacKay regarding borrowing of equipment for the Bennachie video. Handwritten annotations throughout regarding particulars of filming. Ref No. 6-1-3. Wednesday 02nd of September 2020 03:37:58 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:24:05 PM
309 Manuscript with Draft Contents for Bennachie Video Handwritten manuscript with draft notes for the contents of the Bailies' new Bennachie video. Ref No. 6-1-4. Wednesday 02nd of September 2020 03:48:24 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:24:43 PM
310 Correspondence with Grimley Partnership about Producing the Bennachie Video Correspondence with the Grimley Partnership regarding a commission to produce a video. Includes list of possible areas & topics for inclusion. Documents have both typescript and handwritten notes. Mostly A4 sheets with some A5 notes. Ref No. 6-1-5 Friday 04th of September 2020 02:01:02 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:25:17 PM
311 Letter from Forestry Commission Granting Filming Permission for Bennachie Video Correspondence from the Forestry Commission to Ms Sheenah Cobb granting permission for the Bailies to film the Bennachie Video. Ref No. 6-1-6. Friday 04th of September 2020 02:09:32 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:25:56 PM
312 Correspondence from Gordon District Tourist Board Correspondence from Gordon E Henry, director of the Gordon District Tourist Board, announcing an award of £500 towards the production of the new Bennachie video. Ref No. 6-1-7. Friday 04th of September 2020 02:33:19 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:26:42 PM
313 Promotional Leaflet and Order Form for Bennachie Video Promotional leaflet and order form for the Bennachie video. Contains description of the contents, price of the video and the members of the Bailies that it could be ordered from. Ref No. 6-1-8 Friday 04th of September 2020 03:55:39 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:27:49 PM
314 Letters of Thanks from Recipients of the Bennachie Video & Newspaper Clipping Handwritten letters of thanks from recipients of the Bennachie video. Also includes a photocopy of the newspaper article "Bennachie, hill with a fan club" by Rennie McOwen from the Scotland on Sunday (13/8/89). Ref No.6-1-9. Friday 04th of September 2020 04:14:17 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:28:21 PM
315 Department of Planning Order Form from Gordon District Council Copy of an order form from the Gordon District Council's Department of Planning. Ref No. 6-1-10. Sunday 06th of September 2020 01:00:18 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:29:05 PM
316 Bennachie Video Selling Well News-cutting about the Bennachie video selling well. Also contains information on how to obtain a copy of the video. Newspaper and author not recorded on cutting. Ref No. 6-1-11 Sunday 06th of September 2020 01:24:40 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:29:48 PM
317 Letter from Grampian Television Letter from Alistair Gracie, Head of News and Current Affairs at Grampian Television, returning the Bennachie video tape submitted and expressing interest in a possible future programme. Ref No. 6-1-12. Sunday 06th of September 2020 01:41:44 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:39:15 PM
318 Bennachie Goes Worldwide "Bennachie Goes Worldwide". Copy of a review of the Bennachie video, written by Norman Harper, in the Press & Journal. Ref No. 6-1-13. Sunday 06th of September 2020 01:59:16 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:32:21 PM
319 Letter from Norman Moir with Reminiscences of Oyne Handwritten letter from Norman Moir to Algy Watson, containing reminiscences about Oyne following a viewing of the Bennachie video. Ref No. 6-1-15. Sunday 06th of September 2020 02:07:31 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:31:32 PM
320 Submissions for Funding Assistance for Bennachie Video Submissions by the Bailies for funding assistance for the production of the new Bennachie video. Includes variant cover sheets and invitations to six helicopter companies to bid for the production of the video. Ref No. 6-2-1. Sunday 20th of September 2020 02:50:33 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:33:05 PM
321 Cover Letters to Video Producers Invited to Bid for Bennachie Video Production Covering letters to video producers inviting them to bid for the production of the Bennachie video. Copies annotated with the bid price submitted by the producers. Ref No. 6-2-2. Sunday 20th of September 2020 03:11:29 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:34:13 PM
322 Correspondence with Bristow Helicopters Ltd Correspondence with A.E Jones at Bristow Helicopters Ltd regarding the provision of a helicopter for filming the new Bennachie video. Ref No. 6-2-3. Sunday 20th of September 2020 03:23:54 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:34:40 PM
323 Correspondence with Shell Uk Exploration and Production Correspondence with Judith Munro at Shell Uk Exploration and Production regarding their sponsorship of the new Bennachie video. Ref No. 6-2-4. Sunday 20th of September 2020 03:44:52 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:35:14 PM
324 Correspondence with Touchstone Heritage Management Consultants Ltd Correspondence with Touchstone covering the first revision of the draft script for the Bennachie video. Ref No. 6-2-5. Sunday 20th of September 2020 04:01:49 PM Monday 04th of October 2021 04:36:23 PM
343 Letter from Forestry Commission to Dr D G Gordon re contributions to leaflet on Bennachie Letter from E G Richards, conservator of the Forestry Commission to D G Gordon re his contribution on geology (draft attached - 2nd page) for a proposed leaflet about Bennachie. Richards awaits 5 other draft contributions on various topics Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:24:44 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:25:02 PM
344 Three letters to James R MacKay from G E Godwin, Conservator, Forestry Commission Let1 G E Godwin thanks Mr MacKay for the excellent slides and talk, and comments that the Bailies can continue to rely on the FC's cooperation. Let2 Godwin passing on MacKay's letter re ptarmigan to others. Let3 more about ptarmigan on Bennachie Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:36:19 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:36:19 PM
345 Letter to Mr Watson from Conservator, Forestry Commission re amendments (to leaflet?) Let to Mr Watson re his letter of 19 May with proposed amendments, stating that they have all been included except the heights in metric and details of amphibians, reptiles and insects, which have had instead just a passing ref. Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:44:07 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:44:07 PM
346 Letter, invite and programme relating to the opening of Esson's Car Park from Forestry Commission to Dr D G Gordon Let from R J R Marnie to Dr Gordon inviting him and his wife to the opening of Esson's Car Park as principal guests; ref to cutting the ribbon with various bladed weapons. Attached formal invite and programme for the ceremony Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:51:36 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:18:28 PM
347 Letter from R J R Marnie, Forestry Commission to R O'Brien, Divisional Education Office, Elgin re Donview Centre Let to O'Brien re layout of Donview Centre with attached plan, description of 16 info panels on the topic of forestry. These had not been agreed upon but requested O'Brien's comments and on the minutes of a previous meeting Tuesday 11th of April 2023 10:59:19 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:17:14 PM
348 5 Letters between Forestry Commission and James MacKay, Snr Bailie 5 Letters: 1 and 2; Renaming of Bennachie Carpark to Pittodrie Carpark (Marnie to MacKay) 3; Praise for guide book, removal of unwanted signs from Esson's Carpark to Mither Tap, 4; signage at Rowantree Carpark, 5; Quote for new sign Rowantree carpark Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:16:08 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:16:08 PM
349 2 Letters to Mrs Helen Fraser re scrub saw for the Bailies from the Forestry Commission 1; Let advising Mrs Fraser that a scrub saw would cost approx £60 and further advice given when one is available. 2; Let advising Mrs Fraser of full price of a brush saw, where/how it can be paid, and that it can be inspected at Balnacoul Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:26:19 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:26:31 PM
350 Letter from R J R Marnie to James MacKay regarding refurb of the centre, inviting him to make comment on the work R J R Marnie letter to James Mackay stating refurb of centre complete and will be open 17 Apr '81, no publicity, but invites Mackay's comments "both constructive and destructive" on the work as long as they are honest. Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:32:33 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:32:33 PM
351 Letter from D B Paterson, Forestry Commission to James MacKay re work party going to Heather Brig path Agreement from conservator for MacKay to take combined work party of Saltire & Alumnus Societies to the Heather Brig path via bus. P makes humorous comment re the brushsaw and thanks MacKay & co for their work on the Esson's-Heather Brig path Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:38:48 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:38:48 PM
352 2 Letters from R J R Marnie to James MacKay re article in People's Journal about Bennachie Path work Marnie takes issue that the FC has not been given proper credit in the newspaper article for the upkeep of the paths on Bennachie, 2nd Let, MacKay has clearly been upset, attempt to smooth things over, p3 copy of article attached Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:46:52 PM Tuesday 11th of April 2023 11:46:52 PM
354 Letter from D B Paterson, Forestry Commission to James MacKay re work party going to Heather Brig path Agreement from conservator for MacKay to take combined work party of Saltire & Alumnus Societies to the Heather Brig path via bus. P makes humorous comment re the brushsaw and thanks MacKay & co for their work on the Esson's-Heather Brig path Sunday 04th of June 2023 12:55:33 PM Sunday 04th of June 2023 12:55:33 PM
368 Let from Ron Marnie (Forestry Commission) to James McKay of the Bailies re editing of Bennachie booklet Marnie wishes James well for the new year, comments about winds in Buckie, appends his comments to the booklet; editorial comments follow with an annotated proposed map; S Thomson signs for R M; James is thanked for his hard work in updating booklet Monday 14th of August 2023 10:58:14 PM Monday 14th of August 2023 10:58:14 PM
369 Let2 from Ron Marnie (Forestry Commission) to James McKay of the Bailies re editing of Bennachie booklet Marnie thanks McKay for his let of 29 Jan and that the points in RM's let were all taken onboard; RM mentions places/features that can be labelled; the FC will take 2500 copies of the new booklet; S Thomson signs for R M; Monday 14th of August 2023 11:04:46 PM Monday 14th of August 2023 11:04:46 PM
370 Let from Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) re tree felling and extension of the Gordon Way to Ron Marnie of Forestry Commission Davidson sends minute of last meeting, points inc. drainage of field at Back o' Bennachie carpark; cutting back of trees obscuring view on Millstone Hill, and Oxen Craig Path on Bennachie; Afforsk Pond; Extention of Gordon Way to inc route to Lumsden Monday 14th of August 2023 11:25:53 PM Monday 14th of August 2023 11:26:18 PM
371 Reply let from S Thomson/R Marnie of Forestry Commission to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) re points raised in meeting ST/RM reply to let of 11/1/86; Cutting back trees to be done; Afforsk Pond leak to be checked by engineer; agreement re route ext to Lumsden, as Brindy Hill land may be changing ownership soon; suggest pioneering a new route inc Brindy if so wished. Monday 14th of August 2023 11:33:25 PM Monday 14th of August 2023 11:33:44 PM
372 Letter from M Davidson, Clerk of the Bailies to Forestry Commission Conservator Complaint discussed at Bailies' council meeting re timber extraction from Bennachie Forest on north side of hill, many heavy vehicles disrupting visitors to the hill, suggest alternative route be found for lorries that cause noise, fumes and dust Monday 28th of August 2023 08:51:42 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 08:51:42 PM
373 Letter to Mrs Sutherland (Bailies) from A F MacKay, on behalf of Forestry Commission Conservator re timber extraction on Bennachie (reply to 8-1-19A) FC has explored all potential access roads, but existing one best. FC in touch with Grampian Roads Dept to ensure road is improved, tree felling/extraction only for thinning purposes, promise to minimise disruption to visitors. Monday 28th of August 2023 09:08:27 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 09:08:27 PM
374 Letter from Ron Marnie (Forestry Commission) to Michael Davidson, Bailies' Clerk re attendance at Bailies' council meetings Though it had been customary to invite FC's Conservator to council meetings, as they were based in Inverness and too far away to be able to attend, Marnie had been deputised on the Conservator's behalf, could invites come to him instead. Monday 28th of August 2023 09:24:11 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 09:31:11 PM
375 Letter to Ron Marnie, District Manager, Forestry Commission from Michael Davidson, Clerk to the Bailies Customary to invite Conservator to speak at Bailies' Annual Rally, Marnie was now FC's local representative, so M D was inviting him to speak at event on 10 August 1986 at Back o' Bennachie site. Monday 28th of August 2023 09:35:36 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 09:36:03 PM
376 Reply from Ron Marnie, District Manager, Forestry Commission to Michael Davidson, Bailies' Clerk accepting invitation to speak at Rally Day 1986 R Marnie thanks M Davidson for invite and accepts saying it is the first time he has attended a Bennachie Rally day. Marnie asks how long he should speak for, guessing three to four minutes, but asks for advice. Monday 28th of August 2023 09:42:29 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 09:42:29 PM
377 Letter to Forestry Commission Conservator (North) J Atterson re sale of Bennachie High Tops Concern about future of Bennachie, fears that the tops above the treeline could be sold to a private owner and cause problems for visitor access; ask land should be offered to Bailies and accept any relevant clauses FC may wish to impose on ownership Monday 28th of August 2023 11:40:47 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 11:41:12 PM
378 Letter to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) from Mrs McNiven for J Atterson, Conservator, Forestry Commission re sale of Bennachie tops Curt letter stating it is not FC's intention to sell the high tops nor would they sell to the Bailies due to potential conflict from adjoining landowners. Monday 28th of August 2023 11:48:15 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 11:48:15 PM
379 Letter to J Atterson, Conservator (North) Forestry Commission regarding the ownership of Bennachie high tops from Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) M Davidson expresses concern that J Atterson has not seen or acknowledged original letter of 7/7/86, and was surprised and disappointed by Mrs McNiven's letter as the FC and Bailies' had a long-standing harmonious relationship. Request for meeting Monday 28th of August 2023 11:56:14 PM Monday 28th of August 2023 11:56:14 PM
380 Letter to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) from J Atterson (Conservator North) Forestry Commission re meeting request & ownership of Bennachie high tops Acknowledges that no reply sent until after their phonecall on 10/09/86, but repeats no intention of selling that land at present, also the FC could not sell direct to the Bailies due to conflict with adjacent landowners. Happy to meet in new year. Tuesday 29th of August 2023 12:05:57 AM Tuesday 29th of August 2023 12:05:57 AM
383 Letter from J Atterson (Forestry Commission Conservator) to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) re potential sale of Bennachie High Tops (continued) Atterson found meeting with Bailies useful, considering a 'letter of intent' re sale of mountain land, wants to look at the Ben Lomond land sale. Also says he does not know anything about a proposal to lease Afforsk Pond. Thursday 31st of August 2023 10:32:11 PM Thursday 31st of August 2023 10:33:44 PM
384 Letter from J Atterson (Conservator, Forestry Commission) to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) re setting date for meeting re sale of Bennachie High Tops Atterson thanks the Bailies for their letter of 22 December (1986), says he would not be able to plan a meeting until February '87 and suggests various potential dates as he could reach the Buchan area by 10.30am Thursday 31st of August 2023 10:43:23 PM Thursday 31st of August 2023 10:43:23 PM
385 Reply from Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) to J Atterson (Conservator, Forestry Commission) arranging date for meeting re potential sale of Bennachie High Tops Davidson thanks Atterson for his letter of 7 January (1987), and suggests that 18th or 19th February would be suitable for a meeting at Inverurie Town Hall, but too difficult to meet during the day, suggests start time of 7pm. Thursday 31st of August 2023 10:55:25 PM Thursday 31st of August 2023 10:55:25 PM
386 Letter to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) from J Atterson (Conservator, Forestry Commission) accepting proposed date for meeting re potential sale of Bennachie High Tops Atterson referring to letter of 15 January 1987, agrees to meet at 7pm, Inverurie Town Hall on 17 February 1987. He says he will be inviting Ron Marnie, the Forest District Manager, he writes that he looks forward to meeting them. Thursday 31st of August 2023 11:03:21 PM Thursday 31st of August 2023 11:03:40 PM
387 Letter to J Atterson (Conservator, Forestry Commission) from Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) thanking him for attending their meeting of 17 Feb 1987 Bailies were pleased Atterson investigated sale of Forestry Commission land on Ben Lomond, and his proposal of a "letter of intent" to them. Davidson says Ron Marnie intended to issue a lease for fishing to the Bailies for Afforsk Pond Thursday 31st of August 2023 11:11:59 PM Thursday 31st of August 2023 11:11:59 PM
396 Letter from Michael Davidson (Clerk, Bailies) to Ron Marnie inviting him to the annual rally Michael writing to Ron noting apologies recorded; inviting him and his wife to the 1987 Rally to be held on 9 Aug; thanks FC for use of picnic field, hoping arrangement can continue. Saturday 28th of October 2023 08:42:41 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 08:42:41 PM
397 Letter from Ron Marnie (Forestry Commission) to Michael Davidson (Clerk, Bailies) accepting invitation to Bennachie Rally Ron replies to Michael's earlier letter accepting the invitation to attend the August Rally Day at Bennachie. Saturday 28th of October 2023 08:48:41 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 08:48:41 PM
398 Letter from H C Cooke (Area Land Agent, Forestry Commission) to Clerk of the Bailies re setting up formal agreement between the parties Writing to Michael Davidson that matters between the FC and Bailies should be put on a "more formal footing"; forwarding draft agreement for the committee's attention, particularly items 1 - 6. Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:19:00 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:19:22 PM
399 Proposed agreement between the Forestry Commission and Bailies of Bennachie with appended note to R Marnie from Conservator's office Draft agreement points following concern for accidents to the public; restriction on activities without permission; taking out of public liability insurance, any breaches mean agreement can be cancelled; followed by amendments from Mrs Boyd (p3) Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:31:40 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:31:40 PM
400 Letter to the Conservator (Forestry Commission) from Michael Davidson (Clerk, Bailies) expressing concern at proposed agreement between the two bodies Davidson notes the Bailies had received the proposed agreement from H C Cooke and were "surprised and concerned" at the contents, and that several points were "impossible to comply with"; Davidson hopes this is the result of a misunderstanding etc. Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:41:25 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:41:25 PM
401 Letter from H C Cooke (Land Agent, Forestry Commission) to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) re proposed agreement insurance issue H C Cooke writing regarding the Bailies' issues with the proposed agreement, noting that the Conservator's main concern was liability to third parties in respect of activities held by the Bailies; Cooke asks if they have insurance Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:57:35 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 09:57:35 PM
402 Letter from H C Cooke (Area Land Agent, Forestry Commission) to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) regarding Bailies' insurance H C Cooke refers to an earlier conversation with Davidson saying he had forwarded a summary to the Conservator; he asks for sight of the Bailies' insurance policy which Davidson had not yet sent him. Saturday 28th of October 2023 10:12:01 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 10:12:01 PM
403 Letter of apology for non-attendance at Bailies' meeting from Ron Marnie (Forestry Commission) to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) Ron writes to apologise in advance for missing upcoming council meeting and says he feels he is getting out of touch with the Bailies; Ron goes on to say he will move "heaven and earth" to make the next one. He sends regards to James Kelman Saturday 28th of October 2023 10:18:53 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 10:18:53 PM
404 Letter to Ron Marnie enclosing minutes of last meeting, highlighting various points, from Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) Davidson refers to a telephone conversation and points raised at meeting re the Forestry Commission; concern re construction work affecting parking; insurance issue; GRAIN project; drainage Millstone Hill path etc.; invites Marnie to address Rally Saturday 28th of October 2023 10:55:32 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 10:55:32 PM
405 Letter to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) from Ron Marnie addressing points in previous letter 8-1-30A Marnie assures that the construction work will not affect parking on Rally Day; issue with treasurer's communication not being acknowledged; Mrs Horne of Grain attending next meeting to speak on project; Millstone Hill path to be monitored; Saturday 28th of October 2023 11:02:47 PM Saturday 28th of October 2023 11:02:47 PM
406 Letter to Michael Davidson (Bailies' Clerk) re forestry operations near Oyne from R A Sandilands District Forester, Forestry Commission Sandilands, working with Ron Marnie explans the harvesting and clearing Oyne section of Bennachie Forest, that the FC want to avoid leaving the hill bare, will thin out trees and minimise disruption to leisure users; p2 is a road plan for FC vehicles Saturday 11th of November 2023 04:40:55 PM Saturday 11th of November 2023 04:40:55 PM
407 Letter to Bert Cadenhead re opening of the Gordon Way from R A Sandilands, Forestry Commission Buchan District Forester Invitation to the Bailies to join in event at Clatt Village Hall following publicised opening of new walkway running from Esson's Carpark to Rhynie. Founder Bailie Danny Gordon was to be flown by helicopter to open the route officially etc Saturday 11th of November 2023 05:04:52 PM Saturday 11th of November 2023 05:04:52 PM
408 Very angry letter from James McKay (Bailies) to the Forestry Commission Conservator re the lateness of the info leaflet on Bennachie and the Gordon Way James is highly critical of the delay in the production of the leaflet which was to be published in May 1990, he notes he put in a lot of work for free and is angry that there had been no leaflets for the public despite huge interest; Saturday 11th of November 2023 05:24:23 PM Saturday 11th of November 2023 05:24:23 PM
409 Reply from F M Muggridge for the Conservator to James McKay re the delays to the Gordon Way leaflet Reply with assurances that FC will purse good relations with the Bailies, and that the delay is due to FC's specialised departments being busy with daily projects and not solely working on recreational leaflets, hoping they can publish by end of Sept Saturday 11th of November 2023 06:00:19 PM Saturday 11th of November 2023 06:00:46 PM
410 Buchan District Census Use of Car Parks Census of the four mountain carparks, Esson's, Rowantree, Back o Bennachie and Donview in March 1990 Sunday 12th of November 2023 11:16:39 AM Sunday 12th of November 2023 11:16:39 AM
412 Letter to James McKay (Bailies) from J Weir, District Forester Forestry Commission asking for meeting re the Bennachie Colony Buchan District Forester apologising for delay in getting in touch, but says he gets no reply on the telephone. He asks James to arrange an appointment to meet at Esson's Carpark to discuss the Colony, and if not, Mr Stanger would deputise for him Sunday 12th of November 2023 11:39:12 AM Sunday 12th of November 2023 11:39:12 AM
413 Draft(?) Letter from James McKay (Bailies) re Bennachie Colony (no addressee) James was mapping the Colony using the FC 1:50,000 map taking data from the 1860 OS Map. He expresses concern that the extent of the colony features are not known and the FC should make a detailed study before forestry works begins Sunday 12th of November 2023 12:18:52 PM Sunday 12th of November 2023 12:19:10 PM
415 Letter to the Bailies via Fred Gordon thanking them for their participation in Forestry Industry open day John thanks the Bailies for participating in what was a very successful event due to "putting the industry on display" and expresses that this success should be built on for next year. Wednesday 29th of November 2023 07:28:52 PM Wednesday 29th of November 2023 07:52:28 PM
416 Letter from Brian Stanger, Head Forester, to James R McKay (Bailies) re controlled burning at Hillside & working party Brian thanks James for organising and supervising the working party at Hillside, saying he was impressed by the extent & tidyness afterward. He thanks James again for his invaluable local knowledge and acknowledges his offer of further help. Wednesday 29th of November 2023 07:41:48 PM Wednesday 29th of November 2023 07:41:48 PM
417 Letter from F Thom, District Forester to James R McKay re NE Forest Industry Open Day 1993 Enquiry if the Bailies would like a stall at the Forestry Commission open day at the Bin Forest/Huntly Forestry Office on 26 June. Request indication of space required and charge of £50 levied per exhibitor Wednesday 29th of November 2023 07:51:24 PM Wednesday 29th of November 2023 07:51:24 PM
420 Letter from N H Davidson, District Manager, Forestry Commission to James McKay (Bailies) re 'Footways for the Future' Heritage Fund application Davidson provides feedback on points James has raised on the application form, i.e. Bailies would be 1 of many wishing to support the project; make high quality paths, brief description of project, grant level (£40K); apply by May '95. Wednesday 29th of November 2023 10:57:06 PM Wednesday 29th of November 2023 10:57:06 PM
421 Compliments slip, handwritten by Fred Gordon prefacing a copy of the Forestry Commission's contract with the Bailies for renewing and building new paths on Bennachie Aberdeenshire Council Compliments slip. Fred writes to "Geoff" (no surname) prefacing a copy of the FC contract "for safe keeping". He explains he has issued an invoice on the Bailies' behalf for £500, the cost of the paths contract. Wednesday 29th of November 2023 11:17:16 PM Wednesday 29th of November 2023 11:17:16 PM
422 Contract between Forestry Commission and Bailies of Bennachie to set up and run a system to monitor path conditions for 2yr 5 page contract with standard conditions for forest management ops, 1st schedule locus, area, work to be undertaken, record of vulnerable loci, 2nd schedule, payment, sampling loci, HMSO map appended of Bennachie in Buchan Forest District with paths Wednesday 29th of November 2023 11:26:08 PM Wednesday 29th of November 2023 11:26:08 PM
487 Letters regarding right of way at Essons Croft Letters from Gordon District Council confirming that Essons Croft does not have public right of way. Tuesday 16th of April 2024 09:33:13 PM Wednesday 17th of April 2024 05:50:04 PM